Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many wonderful things about The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York. Here’s what tops our list:
1. The location. Situated on East 61st and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, The Pierre is just a block away from luxury shopping on Fifth Avenue and across the street from the gorgeous Central Park. We can’t think of a better location to stay in when visiting the Big Apple.
2. The staff. The service at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is wonderful. The staff addresses you by name often, and you won’t even have to push a button in the elevator, as it is manned 24 hours a day by a friendly worker.
3. The room service. Available 24 hours a day, room service is a delicious and luxurious treat. The menu boasts an eclectic array of ethnic options, including many Indian dishes that echo the Taj group’s Indian heritage. You’ll find everything from Malabar shrimp curry to the dumpling-like gulab jamun dessert. We adored the lobster bisque with plump tortellini and morel mushrooms. The soup comes in an elegant porcelain carafe that’s poured tableside.
4. Perrine. The New York City hotel’s gorgeous, sophisticated eatery offers seasonally inspired fare and vintage Pierre classics. Executive chef Ashfer Biju’s simple and elegant dishes are enhanced by vibrant ingredients and harmonious flavor pairings, from expertly prepared meat and seafood entrées to colorfully composed vegetable dishes. The cocktail menu features inventive libations while executive pastry chef Michael Mignano’s desserts are a wink to The Pierre’s indulgent personality.
5. The spacious bathrooms. You’ll enjoy primping in the stunning guest room bathrooms, which are filled with a lovely taupe Turkish marble. The separate bathtub and walk-in glass-enclosed shower are luxurious, and the bathroom comes stocked with fragrant Molton Brown shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion.