Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York can be described using these words:
1. Sophisticated. Everything from the black-and-white marble floors in the lobby to Two E Bar’s lovely afternoon tea with fresh ginger scones, Devonshire cream and Meyer lemon curd is sophisticated. The rooms follow suit with gorgeous dark wood, elegant furniture and a neutral color scheme of taupe and beige.
2. Luxurious. The New York City hotel is a luxurious oasis set in the Upper East Side. The rooms feature king-sized beds with soft blue and gold satin throws and oversized pillows. When you get hungry, The Pierre’s signature restaurant, Perrine, turns out decadent fare.
3. Old World. The luxury hotel has a storied past that dates back to its opening in 1930. The history of its building can still be seen inside with its stunning sky and goddess murals in the rotunda and the elevators that are still manned 24 hours a day by a hotel staff member.
4. Professional. The service at this luxury hotel is top-notch. The staff is one step ahead of you, from the concierge who happily books dinner or show reservations to the staff at Two E Bar that make sure your complimentary bar snacks are always refilled.
5. Beautiful. The best example of the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s beauty is the aforementioned trompe l'oeil murals of Neptune, Venus and other mythological figures decorating the walls and ceiling in the rotunda. A grand flower arrangement sits in the center of the stunning space. The rooms also are beautiful, especially the walls covered in peach fabric.