Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five best amenities for children staying at The Plaza Hotel include:
1. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s proximity to Central Park. Get outdoors and let your kids burn off some energy — one of New York’s most iconic spots is right outside the doors of The Plaza Hotel.
2. All things Eloise. Check out the Eloise Suite (designed by fashion designer Betsey Johnson) — a tribute to The Plaza’s most precocious resident Eloise — and snap a picture using the disposable Eloise camera to capture your stay. You’ll also want to take your kids to Eloise at The Plaza, a fun shop that includes a Library Room where movies are playing, a Fashion Room for dress-up, a Beauty Salon, and a Tea Room where you can host your own birthday parties, etiquette classes, and more.
3. The Central Park Zoo. The Plaza Hotel is a stone’s throw from this popular outdoor destination in the park. Plan to walk over for an afternoon outdoors.
4. New York City Carriage Rides. Book a tour of Central Park with your family in a horse-drawn carriage. It’s one of the most unique ways to explore the city, with pick up right next to the luxury hotel.
5. Dinner at The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English. Make a reservation for brunch, lunch or dinner and watch your kids’ delight as the food they’re about to eat is prepared before their eyes.