Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re staying at The Plaza Hotel in New York, you’ll find yourself at the epicenter of everything the city has to offer. Here are five things that you won’t want to miss:
1. Central Park. Allow at least a few hours to explore this world-famous park — the entrance is just outside the doors of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel. Go for a run, walk your pet, or take a horse-drawn carriage ride to make sure you see all the sights.
2. Shopping on Fifth and Madison Avenues. The Plaza is right next to the flagship stores for the best designers from all around the world. Don’t know how to narrow it down? Simply pop across the street to department stores including Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue and Barneys.
3. Museum hop. You don’t have to go far to access cultural institutions like the Museum of Modern Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Take a cab or a city bus, or if you’re feeling ambitious, each museum is within walking distance of luxury hotel.
4. The High Line. Take a cab ride over to the Meatpacking District for a real New York treat — Manhattan recently opened it’s own park in the sky. Walk above the buildings and experience one of the best views around. There are also a variety of events (like star gazing) depending on when you are in town.
5. Rockefeller Center. Within walking distance of The Plaza, you’ll find 30 Rock — home to NBC Studios, restaurants and the famous ice-skating rink and tree lighting. It’s a sight to see year-round — if you like to people-watch, this is the best place to go in New York.