Answers from Our Experts (1)
For your stay at The Plaza Hotel, there are five crucial items that you should definitely pack.
1. First and foremost, a camera — this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is at the center of one of the most picturesque and iconic New York scenes. Steps from Central Park, Fifth Avenue shopping, Rockefeller Center and more, you’ll want to come prepared to snap away. In addition to the city setting, there are plenty of photo opportunities inside The Plaza. There’s a reason movies like The Great Gatsby and The Way We Were were filmed here.
2. Don’t forget to bring a dressy outfit for dinner at The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English or for cocktails at The Rose Club or Champagne Bar in the lobby. The staff at the luxury hotel is always dressed to the nines. Expect white glove service throughout your stay.
3. You’ll also want to bring a more casual outfit for brunch at The Palm Court. Jeans are acceptable, but attire that’s smart casual is preferred.
4. You’ll want to pack clothing for a workout or run in Central Park.
5. Last, but certainly not least, any trip to New York will be a disaster without comfortable walking shoes.