Answers from Our Experts (1)
Located on Central Park South at the corner of Sixth Avenue, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is a stately hotel that offers a taste of old-world style and glamour. Here are five things you should know before you check in:
1. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s restaurant, Auden Bistro and Bar, just opened in late 2012. Designed by The Rockwell Group, it’s a sleek space overlooking Sixth Avenue and serving modern bistro fare.
2. Meet Norman Bukofzer. He’s been tending bar at the hotel’s Star Lounge for over 30 years, and in that time, he’s learned how to make one fine martini.
3. Service is exceptionally prompt and dedicated. Not many hotels can boast piping-hot room service within 12 minutes of ordering, or a bellman who arrives a mere two minutes after requesting luggage assistance, but The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park delivers.
4. Pamper yourself at the La Prairie spa. Although the New York City hotel doesn’t have a swimming pool, on the second floor you’ll find a great gym and an even nicer spa from Swiss skincare company La Prairie. After pounding the pavement, the signature caviar luxury massage and facial have never felt so good.
5. Location, location, location. You’re in the thick of it all when you stay at this hotel. Not only are you literally steps from Central Park, you’re within walking distance of great shopping including Henri Bendel, Bergdorf Goodman, FAO Schwarz and the Time Warner Center. You’re also minutes from Broadway theaters and cultural venues like the Museum of Arts and Design, not to mention top restaurants like Forbes Travel Guide Five-Stars Per Se and Jean Georges.