Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll encounter plenty of perks during your stay at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, but here are our favorites:
1. In-room entertainment. Guest rooms that overlook Central Park feature tabletop or upright telescopes for bird watching, while all rooms include a CD/DVD player with a small library of assorted CDs at your fingertips for your listening pleasure. The hotel also offers an extensive DVD selection with Oscar-winning films from the past century as well as films that take place in nearby Central Park.
2. A great bartender. Norman Bukofzer has overseen the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s bar program in the Star Lounge for over thirty years. If there’s anyone in New York who knows how to make a killer martini, this is the man.
3. La Prairie spa. Located on the second floor of the hotel is the La Prairie spa, where you can indulge in treatments that make use of the Swiss company’s soothing and rejuvenating skincare line.
4. Luxurious bath products. If you can’t make it to the La Prairie spa, you can easily recreate the spa experience in your hotel bathroom, thanks to a range of fabulously fragrant Asprey Purple Water bath products. In addition to the standard soap and shower gel, you’ll also find bath salts and a book on home spa vitality.
5. Kid-friendly touches. Adults won’t have all the fun here. The hotel’s DVD collection also features a special section of family-friendly movies (Alice in Wonderland, Night at the Museum, Cars) while the kids’ room service menu offers unique dishes like bacon waffles and peanut butter and jelly French toast.