Answers from Our Experts (1)
Though the concierge and butlers at The St. Regis New York can get you pretty much anything you could need during your stay at the historic Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, a few items ought to be in your bag before the trip. We’ve rounded up a list of the five things to pack to fully enjoy your stay:
1. A swimsuit. Though there’s no pool at the New York hotel, you’ll have complimentary access to the pool and sundeck at the Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, just a five-minute walk away. You’ll want to pack your swimsuit to take a dip in the heated pool, soak up the rays or eat a picnic on the fifth-floor sundeck.
2. Comfortable walking shoes. You’ll need these especially in the summer if you plan on strolling through the park or along the Museum Mile. With its prime location in Midtown Manhattan on Fifth Avenue, The St. Regis New York neighbors several of New York’s most famous attractions, including Central Park, upscale shopping and the Museum of Modern Art.
3. A camera. New York is a beautiful city and the luxury hotel puts you right in the middle of the action. Pack a camera to snap shots of the nearby sights as well as the hotel itself: The beautiful 1904 building with a Beaux-Arts exterior has been designated a New York landmark.
4. Workout gear. The hotel gym offers a mix of cardio and weight-training equipment as well as personal training, yoga and Pilates sessions. You can also head to Central Park for a jog or run; the green space has several trails for everyone from casual runners to marathon trainers.
5. Dressy clothes. If you plan to dine at one of the amazing restaurants in New York, you'll want to dress to impress. The historic hotel is within easy walking distance of Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurants such as Daniel, Le Bernardin, Per Se, Masa and Jean Georges.