Answers from Our Experts (1)
Since Marea is known for its coastal Italian cuisine, you can’t leave without trying at least one seafood dish. Other recommended dishes at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant include:
1. The bigeye tuna on the raw crudi menu comes in fleshy chunks, packed with bold flavor, and perfectly accented with bright green, crispy artichokes.
2. For octopus fans, the grilled variety on the antipasti menu is a must-try, served with smoked potatoes and pickled red onions.
3. A signature dish at Marea, the fusilli with red wine braised octopus is a crowd pleaser for its rich flavor, intensified with sprinklings of bone marrow.
4. If you don’t mind a sweet kick to your pasta, order the fresh-cut semolina spaghetti, which includes crab, sea urchin, and basil — this dish has been on the menu since the New York restaurant first opened, and not without reason.
5. Served on a small bed of fava beans and garnished with roasted ramps, the branzino is cooked to perfection: lightly browned on top with fork-tender white meat typical of the bass family.