Answers from Our Experts (1)
Don’t expect a plain old massage at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York — you won’t find anything conventional at this New York getaway. Although it does offer the more traditional deep-tissue and Swedish massages, everything from the highly-trained therapists to the unique line of products at this modern, Asian-inspired spa is created to provide a completely tailored experience. Combing the techniques of traditional Chinese medicine with custom-blended essential oils and Oriental meridian massage, the signature menu of treatments and services at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star locale is just what you need to shake your mojo back into line. These are the five treatments we think are best at the New York spa.
1. Mandarin Oriental’s Signature Spa Therapies. They not only make you feel better on the massage table, but they also help keep your body and mind on the right track, once you’re back into the swing of the crazy world. After a private consultation, therapists will adjust treatments and oils to make sure your body is getting exactly what it needs onsite. And when you’re ready to head home after your spa day, they’ll send you off with a nutritional guide and exercise routine in tow, making your body re-balancing a complete overhaul.
2. Himalayan Salt, Sea and Chakra Therapy. If your chakras feel blocked and your life is full of chaos, then the Himalayan Salt, Sea and Chakra Therapy might be your saving grace. The exclusive three-hour treatment combines ancient bathing rituals of Thermalism, meaning your body is taken through a series of cool and warm baths, with a full-body massage using heated Himalayan salt crystals. The final facial massage and Chakra healing will leave your face looking as calm as your body will feel.
3. The Clearing Factor. In the need of a serious detox? The Clearing Factor combines intensive clearing and detoxifying therapies that will have you feeling ship-shape in no time. After a full body exfoliation, which uses Dead Sea salts and kama oils, a lymph drainage to encourage movement in your system, a traditional purifying cupping method and a black clay wrap, any pent up negative energy and stress will have nowhere to run.
4. Thai Yoga Experience. If yoga is your thing, you’ll love the Thai Yoga Experience, where therapists combine stretching and compression massage with a series of assisted yoga postures to get your body back in balance. Inside the custom-designed Thai Yoga Suite, you’ll enjoy a three-hour experience, including a 20-minute herbal bath, foot massage using Thai herbs and a refreshing Lemongrass Cooler.
5. Side-by-side Treatments. For the ultimate in private relaxation, the 650-square-foot VIP spa suite at Mandarin Oriental, New York transports you — and your lucky companion — to an Oriental-style home, complete with stunning views of Central Park and the Hudson River, a fireplace, elevated bath, steam shower, dual massage beds and elegant kang bed. You’ll enjoy side-by-side treatments, chill time in the steam room and herbal bath and a spa lunch to top off your getaway day.