Answers from Our Experts (1)
Every time you turn a corner at Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star The Inn at Little Washington, you’ll discover a new amenity to love. At least, that’s what happened to us at when we visited this charming hotel in Northern Virginia. While it was hard for us to do, we managed to whittle the huge list of our favorite amenities down to just five of the best.
1. Dinner reservations. Considering the hotel is attached to a Five-Star restaurant boasting the same exact name, it’s only practical that you would want to eat there. You’re in luck, because as a guest of the hotel, you’re guaranteed dinner reservations each night of your stay. This is quite the perk, seeing as how diners that aren’t staying at the inn have to make their reservations nearly six months in advance — and you get them automatically when you stay at the hotel.
2. Kitchen tour. As the chef, proprietor and the brains behind this fabulous property, Patrick O’Connell invites you into his kitchen to see the master at work. Even if you aren’t a foodie, this kitchen is one for the books. Outfitted with endless amounts of shining copper, this “most beautiful kitchen in the world” is definitely worth a tour. If you are really into the kitchen experience, we suggest booking the chef’s table for dinner, which is located in an alcove at the back of the kitchen with an amazing view of the culinary process.
3. Complimentary Wi-Fi. If you feel that you must connect to the outside world — since your cell phone probably doesn’t have service here — you are more than welcome to do so without spending a dime. The complimentary Wi-Fi allows you to connect anywhere on the property, so you aren’t stuck in your room surfing the Web. Even though the rooms are gorgeously decked out, the garden is a nice place to get some fresh air while you send out a few emails.
4. Continental breakfast. Complete with chef O’Connell’s legendary granola, this complimentary continental breakfast is not to be missed. Though you can also order à la carte items for an additional charge, we think the free offerings are perfect for a hearty morning meal. You will also get a refreshing juice flight, all freshly squeezed.
5. Bedtime story. On the first night of your stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star inn, your bed will be topped with a charming bedtime story (custom written for the inn) with a side of cookies. If you happen to be staying multiple nights, your bed will bed turned down each night and ready for you to curl up, complete with unique bedtime treats. We suggest you keep the story and bring it home with you, and additional copies are also available at The Inn Shops.