Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about Montage Laguna Beach, but here are our five favorite amenities:
1. Kid-friendly. From the pool areas to the Pack and Plays and goldfish crackers, your kids will be happy here.
2. The lap pool. If you’re looking to have a moment to yourself at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, the lap pool in the fitness area is rarely used and quite peaceful (sorry, no kids allowed). The ocean is the backdrop to the pool and comfortable chaise lounges line the area. It is important to note that a minimum of a 30-minute spa treatment is necessary for use of this getaway pool.
3. The shopping. The Orange County hotel offers a variety of boutiques with items from local artists as well as clothing and jewelry. The Art of Writing is a great place to find unique gifts for a colleague’s (or your own) desk, such as leather-bound journals, handmade greeting cards, paperweights or a book to enjoy. The Treasures at Montage is not your usual sundries store, and instead carries luxurious clothing and accessories by local designers as well as one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces.
4. The music. Live entertainment plays nightly in the Lobby Bar and includes a skillful solo pianist on some nights and pleasant popular songs performed on others. The Lobby Bar is a focal point of the hotel with comfortable indoor and outdoor seating, so you are sure to find a plush seat to relax and enjoy a cocktail as you listen to the sounds of David Allen Baker and Steve Siu.
5. The food. Don’t underestimate the good eats at The Mosaic Bar and Grille because of its casual atmosphere. Its California cuisine of fresh seafood tacos and lobster sandwiches are some of the best, not to mention the variety of fruity mojitos. Like most other places in the hotel, there is not a bad view from the patio as it overlooks a bluff right out to the ocean.