Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before packing your bags and heading for The Resort at Pelican Hill on the Newport Coast, here are five things to keep in mind about the luxury hotel:
1. Bring your clubs. The Resort at Pelican Hill offers some of the best golfing in the country, so definitely take some time to hit the links. And don’t worry if you don’t know your nine-iron from your chipper. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel offers private lessons as well as half-day clinics on putting and playing.
2. This is the place for pampering. The Spa at Pelican Hill is an oasis of calm and relaxation, and you’ll definitely want to book a treatment like the California Sugar Glow scrub or Marine Rhapsody massage and wrap for instant bliss.
3. Service here is personalized. If you’re staying in a villa, the luxury hotel will stock it with your favorite foods or set up child-sized robes for kids in tow, making sure that the hotel isn’t just a hotel, but your home away from home.
4. The hotel isn’t on the beach … but it’s very easy to access. The Orange County hotel is about a three-minute drive from nearby Crystal Cove Beach, but if you didn’t bring a car or don’t feel like making the 15-minute walk, hop on the house van that shuttles back and forth every 20 minutes (you’ll save on the $15 beach parking fee that way, too).
5. Kids of all ages are welcome, too. While adults will make the most of the hotel’s golfing and spa, kids can hang out with others their own age at the hotel’s youth program, Camp Pelican, which features its own swimming pool, plus board games, a karaoke machine and video games. There’s even Latitude for Teens for kids aged 13 to 17, which offers paddleboarding and kayaking lessons, not to mention shopping excursions and evening parties.