Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll find plenty to love at The Resort at Pelican Hill, from the sweeping ocean views to the friendly service, but these are our picks for the best amenities:
1. The Golf Courses. If you like to hit the links, this is the resort for you. The Orange County hotel features a breathtaking 36-hole course designed by Tom Fazio with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean no matter where you look.
2. Andrea. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s signature Northern Italian restaurant, Andrea, dishes up expertly housemade pastas — try the saffron tagliolini with spicy king crab sauce — along with other specials like truffled risotto and grilled tuna with caponata.
3. The Spa at Pelican Hill. The spa features 22 treatment rooms and offers a full range of salon services, but even if you haven’t booked the smoothing thyme body buff scrub or the Illumina facial, you can enjoy the locker room’s Acqua Colonnade, which features a sauna, eucalyptus steam room and heavenly Roman-style soaking tub that’s heated to 102 degrees F.
4. Fitness activities. If golf isn’t your game, you’ll still have plenty of ways to raise your heart level, from the daily 8:30 a.m. fitness walk along Crystal Cove beach to mid-morning yoga and core strengthening classes. Bike rentals, surfing, paddleboard lessons and sea kayaking tours can also be arranged for an additional cost.
5. Camp Pelican. While adults will make the most of the luxury hotel’s golfing and spa, kids will be able to have a good time with others their own age at the hotel’s youth program, which features its own swimming pool, not to mention board games, karaoke machine and video games. Look for special guest events like the Lizard Wizard, who safely introduces kids to the wild world of reptiles and amphibians.