Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s easy to fall in love with The Resort at Pelican Hill, but here are the best things about the Italian-style coastal retreat:
1. Golfing. If you’ve got a love of the links, you’ll be well rewarded here. The resort boasts a magnificent course with sweeping ocean views and 36 holes designed by Tom Fazio. Private lessons and clinics are also available for novices or rusty players.
2. Andrea. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s signature Northern Italian Restaurant serves expertly prepared food, and notably great pastas like saffron tagliolini with king crab sauce and ricotta agnolotti with quail ragù. Andrea is best enjoyed for a sunset dinner, though it’s also open for lunch Wednesdays through Sundays.
3. The Spa at Pelican Hill. Located across from the gym, the spa is an oasis of calmness, where you can indulge in treatments like the California Sugar Glow scrub or simply relax in the locker room’s Eucalyptus steam room before taking a dip in the heated, Roman-style soaking tub.
4. Helpful and friendly staff. If you’re staying in one of the Orange County hotel's luxurious villas, you’ll have your own private staff to assist you with every need or whim, and they’ll even set up the villa ahead of time with all your favorite foods and movies. And don’t be surprised if a staff member drives up beside you as you’re walking back to your bungalow from the lobby and offers you a ride. Your comfort is top of mind here.
5. The swimming pool. One of the largest circular swimming pools in the world, the heated Coliseum pool (and adjacent hot tub) offers stunning views of the golf course and coastline. Comfortable lounge chairs and a full cocktail menu from the Coliseum restaurant ensure an afternoon of poolside fun.