Answers from Our Experts (1)
Set along 504 acres on the sunny coast of Newport Beach in California, The Resort at Pelican Hill is a sumptuous retreat inspired by Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, combining California cool with Italian luxury. Many words can be used to describe the lush surroundings, but here are the five words that best describe the hotel:
1. Scenic. Yes, the guest rooms here are great, but to really have your breath taken away, simply look outside. The beautiful rolling golf course surrounding the resort is dotted with gazebos and sandy pathways and overlooks the blue Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s best views of the California coastline while sipping a cappuccino at Caffè or while swimming in the shimmering Coliseum pool.
2. Lush. Taking a cue from Italian gardens, you’ll enjoy a bounty of flora and greenery throughout, from the potted lemon trees and tall palms dotting the sweeping terraces to the white rose and birds of paradise-filled gardens that line the pathways to the bungalows.
3. Romantic. Whether you’re snuggling up on your canopied bed in front of your bedroom’s limestone fireplace at the Orange County hotel, having a tête-à-tête on the plush sofas in the Great Room over a glass of champagne or admiring the sunset while resting on the stone bench on the main terrace, you’ll find that romance is imbued into architectural detail.
4. Roomy. All bungalows and villas are exceptionally spacious and residential in feel, with full living areas as well as outdoor patios. A trip here is like visiting a home away from home.
5. Elegant. The luxury resort’s main buildings are fashioned using principles of classical symmetry and proportion, but interiors feature sumptuous stone columns, potted white orchids, distinctive moldings, recessed ceilings and tasteful wood furniture that add a true sense of elegance.