Answers from Our Experts (1)
When it’s time to head out to eat and you’ve got the kids in tow, there are several restaurants in Palm Beach that will accommodate your family. Here’s our five best picks for kid-friendly restaurants whose fare also will please your palate:
1. Ocean Bistro. For breakfast, visit the Ocean Bistro at the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach. With red velvet cake waffles and house-made Pop-Tarts filled with cinnamon, raspberry or chocolate marshmallow, everyone will feel like a kid and finish everything on their plates. When it’s time for dessert — in case your breakfast wasn’t enough with the sweets — choose the create-your-own ice cream sandwiches. Pick from four different types of cookies, ice creams and toppings, and two sauces. Half the fun is customizing your own cool treat.
2. Breeze. At lunch, grab a stool at Breeze at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa and dig into a juicy burger. Breeze is the only oceanfront hamburger bar in Palm Beach and with ingredients like Angus beef, heirloom tomatoes, basil, avocado, mozzarella, the food is a big step up from a Happy Meal.
3. Old Key Lime House. Make your way to the Old Key Lime House and snag a waterside table. The oldest waterfront restaurant in Florida offers panoramic views of the Intracoastal Waterway, and is a wonderful place watch the sunset. Though kiddies will be more interested the easy-to-eat fish fingers and the casual restaurant’s signature Key lime pie.
4. E.R. Bradley’s Saloon. This West Palm Beach restaurant rolls out the red carpet for kids. Its children’s menu will satisfy little appetites with hamburgers, hot dogs and mac and cheese, and the location right on the Intracoastal will provide loads of opportunities for spotting wildlife during your meal.
5. Serendipity. Don’t let the Tiffany lamps and Art Nouveau décor fool you, the Boca Raton Resort & Club’s Serendipity is all about fun. The restaurant — known for its over-the-top sweets — was inspired by New York’s famed Serendipity 3. Dive into the delicious sandwiches and everyone’s favorite, the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate.