Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you must pull yourself away from the beach during your stay in Palm Beach, there’s plenty to pique your interest. Here’s our list of the five best things to see and do in Palm Beach:
1. Visit the Norton Museum of Art. The largest museum in Florida, the Norton Museum of Art resides in West Palm Beach. Head to the internationally known museum to see works from 19th- and 20th-century masters like Gauguin, Matisse, Miró, Monet, Picasso, Hopper and Pollock. It also carries an impressive collection of Chinese art, contemporary art and photography.
2. Chug along to the Flagler Museum. Railroad tycoon Henry Flagler was instrumental in developing south Florida, and his hotels helped establish tourism in the state. The Flagler Museum is a testament to the pioneer’s vision and the Gilded Age.
3. Stroll down Worth Avenue. Shopping is a must on any vacation, and the place to break out your plastic in Palm Beach is Worth Avenue. Walk the street to peruse Chanel, Tiffany & Co., Jimmy Choo, Hermès, Armani, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels, along with about 250 other boutiques.
4. Sneak a peek at a turtle’s nest. Visit Palm Beach anytime May through October and you may come across a turtle nest. If you’re lucky, you’ll catch a female trudging her way from the water to continue the circle of life. Learn more about these amazing animals at the Loggerhead Marine Life Center.
5. Catch a polo match. You’ll become a fan of polo when you watch the ponies at the nearby Palm Beach Polo Golf and Country Club. The club is equipped with its own polo stadium, where you can get in on the action.