Answers from Our Experts (1)
Paris is a city that delights all five of our senses on a daily basis. Some of the best activities in the city are those that you can smell, taste and touch- like picking up a freshly baked croissant from a Gontran Cherrier in Montmartre for breakfast, a sweet macaron from Pierre Hermé in the afternoon, or sipping on a little espresso at Kooka Boora while listening to all of the languages being spoken around you.
When the weather is nice, another great activity to do in Paris is setting up a picnic. Whether perched on the banks of the edgy Canal Saint Martin or in the classic Champ de Mars under the Eiffel Tower, grab some specialty foods like those at the Grande Epicerie, and spend the afternoon relaxing in the sunshine.
When the weather isn’t so nice, Paris is a great city for exploring museums and shopping, two fabulous indoor activities. Head to the Orangerie or the Musée Marmotton, two spots that are generally less crowded than the typical Louvre and Orsay museums. For shopping, Le Bon Marché is a great spot to get lost for hours, as is Merci, a chic concept store in the Marais with a great café.
Summary: Best Activities to do in Paris
• Get a fresh baked croissant at Gontran Cherrier 22 rue Caulaincourt, 75018 Paris, Metro: Abbesses, Place de Clichy
• Taste the rainbow of flavors at Pierre Hermé 74 rue Bonaparte, 75006 Paris, Metro: Saint-Sulpice
• Stop for a coffee after exploring rue des Martyrs at Kooka Boora 62 rue des Martyrs, 75009 Paris Metro: Pigalle
• Have a picnic on the Canal Saint Martin (100 Quai de Valmy, 75010 Paris, Metro: Jacques Bonsergent) or on the Champ de Mars (2 Allée Adrienne Lecouvreur, 75007 Paris, Metro: Ecole Militaire)
• Explore the gastronomic heaven that is the Grande Epicerie 38 Rue de Sèvres, 75007 Paris, Metro: Sèvres-Babylone
• Explore the inside of the Orangerie Museum in the Tuileries (Metro: Tuileries) or the collection of Monet artwork at the Marmotton (2 Rue Louis Boilly, 75016 Paris, Metro: La Muette)
• Do some shopping or have a healthy lunch at the concept store Merci 111 boulevard Beaumarchais, 75003 Paris, Metro: Saint-Sébastien- Froissart