Answers from Our Experts (1)
Not many luxury hotels cater to kids and teenagers as well as Montage Deer Valley. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel has an impressive array of indoor and outdoor activities, making it possible to have a true family vacation without sacrificing style or service. Here are the luxury Park City hotel's five best amenities for children:
1. Paintbox Kids. Paintbox is Montage’s signature children’s club with year-round indoor and outdoor activities for kids ages 5 to 12 years old. The art-based program has a creative schedule with daily themes and activities to keep kids engaged and happy. A half-day (9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) is $60 and includes lunch. A full-day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) costs $90 and includes lunch and snacks, plus a souvenir backpack. Paintbox also hosts Children’s Night Out on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., which includes a movie, themed activity and dinner for $60.
2. Daly’s Pub and Rec. Older kids and teens flock to the lively recreation area of Daly’s Pub and Rec. There are nostalgic arcade games, air hockey and foosball tables, darts and billiard tables illuminated by modern antler chandeliers. Or keep the kids entertained with the four large flat-screen TVs in the Wii Lounge, where gamers can test their mettle. The bistro also houses a four-lane, regulation-size bowling alley.
3. Swimming pools. The outdoor pool deck at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel has a large 75-by-30-foot pool and separate children’s pool, both heated year-round for family enjoyment. The indoor mosaic pool is reserved for guests age 15 and older, but there are designated family hours in the morning and evening where families with kids can use the lavish pool, too.
4. Children’s menu. The kids’ menu at Apex restaurant includes picky-eater approved choices for all three meals of the day. For instance, breakfast options include cold cereal, waffles and pancakes. For lunch or dinner, the menu has peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chicken quesadillas, mini hamburgers and kosher beef hot dogs. Entrées at lunch or dinner include a side — such as fruit salad or French fries — and a dessert, like a Rice Krispies Treat or a scoop of ice cream.
5. S’mores. Montage Deer Valley guests are treated to complimentary s’mores on the Vista Terrace daily from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. This tradition is a real hit with kids up for a gooey treat no matter what the weather is like outside.