Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s difficult to make a short list of the must-do activities near Montage Deer Valley, simply because there is oh-so-much to experience. But for first-time visitors to this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, here are the five best things to do:
1. Ski at Deer Valley Resort. Deer Valley Resort is the No.1 ski resort in North America, as rated by SKI Magazine readers from 2008 to 2011. This lauded skiers-only resort has terrain that spreads across six mountains, with runs in all ability levels. Other winter activities here include snowmobiling and snowshoeing.
2. Go to a music festival. Summer at Deer Valley Resort means green grass on the lawn of the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater. A full repertoire of performances is staged at the amphitheater, including concerts by world-renowned artists. Grab a Gourmet Picnic Basket or Bag to enjoy dinner and a show.
3. Shop and dine on Main Street. Take a break from the slopes and hit up the shops that line Park City’s Historic Main Street. The eclectic and exclusive boutiques sell everything from handmade furniture and Western antiques to books and sportswear.
4. Visit Utah Olympic Park. This park was a competition venue for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games for Nordic jumping, bobsleigh, luge and skeleton. The 400-acre park has a mix of sporting facilities and visitor areas, plus it also serves as a year-round competition and training ground for high-performance athletes. Sports buffs are sure to be impressed.
5. Go fly-fishing on the Provo River. Experience blue-ribbon fishing at its finest on the Provo River. Located a short 30-minute drive from the luxury Park City hotel, the river teems with 15,000 fish per square mile. Anglers will appreciate the hotel’s branded fly reel, made by Abel Automatics, considered to be the finest maker of fly reels in the world. The reels, which run about $600, are sold in Compass Sports, the hotel’s 7,000-square-foot mountain activities center.