Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Stein Eriksen Lodge tucked away in a skier’s mecca. From the recreation to the relaxation, here are our five favorite things about Stein Eriksen Lodge:
1. The variety of activities offered gives guests a reason to get outside in any weather. In the winter, the Stein Eriksen Lodge offers ski-in, ski-out access, as well as snowmobiling, dog sledding and sleigh rides. Summer activities include hiking, rock climbing, airplane rides and fly-fishing. The Park City hotel also has bike rentals onsite, so you can head out the back door and hit the mountain.
2. Many rooms include a private jetted hot tub on the terrace, perfect for relaxing sore muscles after a long day of skiing or hiking.
3. You could meet a world-class skier. Stein Eriksen himself, who was a championship skier in the ‘50s, still frequents the resort every winter.
4. 24-hour room service is available at Stein Eriksen Lodge, with many of the items coming from the onsite Glitretind restaurant. Guests can enjoy dishes such as steak and egg tartare or pea and carrot risotto, even late. A kids’ menu is also available, featuring finger foods and fun treats like s’mores on a stick.
5. The Lodge’s gym is outfitted with treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines, yoga balls, free weights and more. TVs on the cardio machines, magazines and newspapers keep you entertained during your workout, though you also could just enjoy the view of the surrounding villages. Yoga, fitness and personal training classes are also available by appointment.