Answers from Our Experts (1)
Waldorf Astoria Park City is located in the mountains of Park City, where an abundance of recreational opportunities are available throughout the year. These are some of our favorite things to do in the area surrounding the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Ski and snowboard. Skiers and snowboarders from around the world come to Park City to hit the world-class slopes. Use the hotel’s ski prep room to boot up, and within minutes the Frostwood Gondola outside the hotel will be whisking you away to the mountaintop at Canyons Resort. Park City Mountain Resort and Deer Valley Resort are also within driving distance.
2. Try dogsledding. The hotel’s official dog mascot, Foxy Roxy, is an Alaskan malamute owned by Pawsatch Snow Dogs, a dog sledding company that offers interactive arctic adventures for kids and adults throughout the year — yes, you can even mush in the summer.
3. Ride the gondola. During the summer, the Red Pine Gondola at Canyons Resort provides stunning views of the Park City area at an altitude of 8,000 feet. At the end of your ride you can enjoy lunch at the mid-mountain Red Pine Café, then explore the mountainside by foot or bike.
4. Go horseback riding. Guided horseback rides through the aspens behind the luxury Park City hotel are a tranquil way to explore the 4,000 acres of mountainous terrain surrounding the hotel.
5. Take a snowmobile tour. Snowmobiling is another popular activity during the winter, with guided tours that include lunch available for anywhere from two hours to a full day.