Answers from Our Experts (2)
Glitretind Restaurant offers a cozy, log cabin-like dining room with toasty fireplaces and American regional cuisine. To help you narrow down the choices at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, here are our picks for the five best things to order:
1. Pan-seared halibut. The menu changes twice a year, but if you can catch this mild fish when you dine at Glitretind, don’t pass it up: It’s one of the most popular items on the menu. Served with buttered potatoes, spinach, yellow tomato fondue and hen of the woods mushrooms, the colorful dish is topped with a fragrant sprig of rosemary.
2. Stein’s burger. This signature burger is only served in the dining room during lunch, when it has a loyal following among skiers and Stein Eriksen Lodge’s many repeat guests. Angus beef is topped with aged white cheddar and crispy fried onion rings and served on a sheepherder roll.
3. Buffalo flank steak. This lean meat fits the hotel’s mountain location and is served with sweet potato gratin or diced sweet potatoes and grits. The luxury Park City restaurant usually pairs buffalo with a seafood element, such as brown Gulf shrimp or king crab.
4. Housemade chocolates. The executive pastry chef makes these chocolates by hand in her marble-topped workshop. Order up a selection of flavored truffles such as peanut butter and jelly, lemon mint and milk chocolate sweet potato.
5. Miner’s Daughter cocktail. This Four-Star restaurant shares its bar with the neighboring Troll Hallen Lounge, where robust cocktails get a light, fruity twist. This drink is made with Maker’s Mark bourbon, fresh lime and pomegranate juice, then topped off with ginger ale and served over ice.
The five best things to order at Glitretind Restaurant are Stein’s burger (lunch), wild game chili (lunch), Stein’s red greens salad (dinner), Rocky Mountain elk and Utah buffalo flank steak.