Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re booking a stay at Royal Palms Resort and Spa, here are a few things to know about the property before you jet off:
1. Location. While the resort feels like a remote retreat, it’s really just 15 minutes from the airport and centrally located near Phoenix and Scottsdale.
2. Spa. Alvadora Spa is a calm oasis located right in the resort. It offers a range of unique water treatments, body treatments and salon services.
3. Pool. Another way to relax while staying at this luxury resort is to lie out by the pool, which is lined with lush vegetation and offers views of Camelback Mountain.
4. History. The property began as a private home in the 1920s and first become a resort after World War II, opening to guests in 1948. It was revamped in 1990s and now perfectly blends Old World charm with modern luxury.
5. Design style. The classic Spanish Colonial style gives the resort a uniquely beautiful sense of place and includes many quaint courtyards, stucco fireplaces, exposed wood beams and wrought iron-enclosed terraces.