Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Royal Palms Resort and Spa offers many charming and convenient features, but if we were to name the top five, they’d be the following:
1. Location. The Phoenix property is located right between downtown and neighboring Scottsdale, so it’s easy to get in a morning hike on Camelback Mountain, go shopping, or hit up any of the many area restaurants.
2. Spa. Alvadora Spa is a calm oasis where you can sneak away for a day of pampering, including whirlpool time. Or, just pop in to get your feet sandal-ready.
3. Pool. Another way to relax while staying at the luxury resort is to lie by the pool, which is complete with cool cabanas and a bar.
4. History. The property began as a private home in the 1920s and first had its go as a resort after World War II, opening to guests in 1948. The resort got new life beginning in the 1990s and now includes a mix of historical buildings and fountains, and new luxuries.
5. Design style. Going along with the history of the property is a unique design style with a classic Spanish Colonial vibe that includes many courtyards, stucco fireplaces, exposed wood beams and wrought iron-enclosed terraces.