Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five things you should know about the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa are:
1. It’s great for meetings and conferences. With 500 rooms, the property has plenty of space for large groups, and there is a Hertz rental car office within, as well as a premier business center with interactive monitors, Smart TV stations and a collaborative work station. There is also a 15,000 square-foot ballroom and 27 meeting rooms.
2. Bring your sneakers. Even if horseback riding is not on your agenda for the week, the property features two jogging trails — one that is 1.3 miles and one that is 2.5 miles — as well as complimentary yoga, Pilates and meditation classes on weekends.
3. No car necessary. Though there is a Hertz office on property in case you’re in a bind, if your plan is to stick close to the property you don’t need a car. Shuttles are available to take guests to the nearby casino and Koli Equestrian Center. There is also a water taxi that takes guests down the re-created Gila River to the Whirlwind Golf Course and Rawhide Western Town, a novelty that has several bars and restaurants.
4. Opt for the deluxe rooms. The price difference is minimal, and these balcony rooms face west, and offer stunning views of the sun setting over the Sonoran Desert and mountains.
5. Get a treatment at Aji Spa. Aji means “sanctuary” in the Pima language, and the most unique part about this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa is its selection of indigenous treatments, which could be administered by a native medicine woman and include a variety of massages and body treatments approved by tribal leaders. There also are a ton of amenities like an indoor and outdoor hot tub, as well as a steam and sauna, making it perfect for either a solo relaxation day or girls’ day together.