Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things about Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa are its onsite accessibility to premier dining and activities:
1. Kai Restaurant. Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Kai Restaurant honors the culture and traditions of the Pima and Maricopa tribes who live on the reservation on which it is built through ingredients like tribal buffalo and red deer, and the décor (the walls are covered in Native American art). Kai means “seed” in the Pima language, and the word symbolizes their belief of living off of the land. The restaurant fills up on the weekends, so plan on making reservations three weeks in advance.
2. Koli Equestrian Center. Wranglers pick up guests from the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa property via shuttle and whisk them away a few minutes across the desert plains for several scheduled and private trail rides per day. Riding lessons are also available.
3. Golfing at Whirlwind Golf Club. Guests can see greens on one of the two Gary Panks-designed golf courses from their rooms, and around the property. The courses at the Whirlwind Golf Club are considered among the best in Arizona, and are pristinely maintained. It is also possible to take lessons with PGA and LPGA professionals.
4. Hanyo Pools. At the back of the hotel, past a large communal fire pit and amidst the backdrop of the Sonoran Desert is a series of pools that includes a wading pool and large, twisting water slide that kids love. The Hanyo Grill serves cocktails, beer, burgers, sandwiches and salads to poolside.
5. Aji Spa. Aji means “sanctuary” in the Pima language, and the most unique part about this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa is the selection of indigenous treatments, which could be administered by a native medicine woman and include a variety of massages and body treatments approved by tribal leaders. The property also offers affordable spa packages, such as the Crave, which includes a 50 minute massage or facial, 25 minute manicure, foot massage or mini-facial, and one cocktail for $139 on weekends.