Answers from Our Experts (1)
Aji Spa’s highlight is its Indigenous Collection, which offers traditional treatments that were approved by Maricopa and Pima tribal elders for authenticity. Most of them are body treatments, and the most interesting options are massages.
As a result, the best treatments at Aji Spa at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa are:
1. Mustangs and Massage. You’ll spend your first 1.5 hours of this experience touring riding on horseback through the property, followed by a 50-minute, full body massage and lunch at the spa's café.
2. Pima Medicine Massage. Led by a Native American medicine woman, this treatment incorporates ancient techniques with a focus on spiritual healing.
3. Vachk Water Massage. This treatment takes place in a private pool and was inspired by Pima and Maricopa Native Americans’ belief that water was their lifeblood. The idea is that the water allows for movements that are not possible in a traditional massage setting.
4. Ho'Dai Massage. This 80-minute Gila River Rock massage felt amazingly soothing as a therapist worked on our entire body. Afterward, we were encouraged to take home our choice of stone selected by the spa's resident medicine woman.
5. Gaiwesa Manicure. Known in English as the Blue Corn Manicure, this treatment includes a lavender hand soak and exfoliation with finely ground blue cornmeal, a native ingredient of the Southwest. It is finished with a paraffin dip and moisturizer.