Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Heathman Hotel has an array of wonderful amenities to enjoy while staying on the property, but some stand out from the rest. The top five are:
1. The mezzanine facilities. With an art gallery curated by the Elizabeth Leach Gallery, a library for relaxing, reading and enjoying the occasional glass of afternoon wine and a number of spacious meeting and banquet facilities, The Heathman’s mezzanine provides an ideal place to explore and kick back after a long day of sightseeing. The space is perched above the elegant Tea Room, and features a colorful blue and yellow carpet, plush beige furniture and gold accents on the ceilings alongside wooden library cabinets holding many books by authors who have stayed at the hotel, and a small workstation with three Dell computers. The hotel’s audio art tour, available online and via the Heathman iPhone app, explains each piece of art both up here and throughout the hotel’s public areas.
2. The top-notch meeting facilities. The Heathman Hotel is renowned for having some of the premiere banquet and event facilities in the downtown Portland area, for both guests and locals alike. A variety of rooms with different layouts and features sit on the mezzanine level of the hotel, each with high ceilings and a bright, airy feel. The in-house event planning team will happily help you design the perfect evening for any occasion, whether you have a cocktail mixer or a corporate dinner in mind.
3. Headwaters Restaurant. James Beard Award-winning chef Vitaly Paley helms this recently opened restaurant that specializes in Pacific Northwest flavors, like Pacific cod en papillote and seared diver scallops with hazelnut romesco and wilted spinach.
4. The tea. If you're heading to Headwaters around lunchtime, check out its Russian tea service. The tea is a nod to Paley's heritage, as several dishes come from his grandmother's recipes. Nosh on babushka-approved treats like pirozhki, potato bread stuffed with mushrooms; blini with house-cured caviar and sour cream; and steopka, sour cream and walnut cake.
5. The concierge program. The Heathman Hotel prides itself on being second-to-none in guest services and its convenient concierge program, and it certainly shows. While you can easily connect with the staff via telephone or in person while staying at the property, you can also use its online portal or iPhone app to request whatever you may need. From service requests to a six pack of Oregonian beer and a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, the Heathman staff is happy to oblige however possible. Looking for help planning your Portland itinerary? The knowledgeable concierge team will quickly hook you up with all the best tours, dining experiences and transportation you could ask for.