Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether Puerto Rico is your final destination or just a short stop before heading south to island hop, you’ll want to do something to entertain the little ones. With everything from water parks to rain forests, your kids won’t be bored. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s tips for the best things to do with children in Puerto Rico.
1. Fly kites in El Morro. For a dose of history and fun, make your way to the famous fort in Old San Juan. On a nice day, there are plenty of families flying kites in the open area in front of El Morro.
2. Flamenco Beach. Hop on the ferry to Culebra and settle in on Flamenco Beach. The horseshoe-shaped beach has calm water, making it the perfect spot for your little one to swim and snorkel worry-free.
3. Explore Rio Camuy Caves. The world’s third largest underground river makes these caves and canyons one of the most exciting things on the island — and not just for kids. The tour takes you through the million-year-old caves while you ride in an open-air trolley. You should plan on exploring them for about two hours.
4. Splash around at Coqui Water Park. Located within El Conquistador Resort, this waterpark is always a hit with the kids. With several slides, a lazy river and a 9,000-square-foot infinity edged pool, Coqui Water Park will have your kids entertained for several hours.
5. Discover El Yunque. Puerto Rico’s rain forest is fun for the whole family. With waterfall pools (nature’s answer to a waterpark) and plenty of awesome scenery, you’ll definitely want to put El Yunque on your family itinerary.