Answers from Our Experts (1)
Considering that Puerto Rico is 3,515 square miles, the island has tons of great beaches. Add in the tiny coastal islets and you can discover a new beach every time you visit. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the best beaches in Puerto Rico:
1. Middles Beach. Come to this beach to ride the waves. Middles Beach in Isabela is where handfuls of surf contests are held — it’s also where pro-surfer Kelly Slater got his latest world title. It’s best for experienced surfers since the break can be hollow and fast.
2. Flamenco Beach. The stretch of beach on Culebra is a must-do when you’re in Puerto Rico. It’s widely considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Flamenco Beach is great for snorkeling, lounging and soaking up the scenery.
3. Icacos. This tiny island is deserted, making it a great spot for a day on the beach. It doesn’t get much more scenic than this — imagine being surrounded by azure water and pristine white sand. Icacos is quiet and ideal for snorkeling.
4. Ocean Park Beach. One of San Juan’s best beaches, Ocean Park Beach is filled with young people who want to see and be seen. While weekdays are not as crowded, weekends can be chaos.
5. Jobos Beach. This is another surfing beach in Isabela, but this one is perfect for all skill levels. The beach break makes it easy to learn to ride the waves, while also appealing to surfing veterans.