A lush, secluded Mexican oasis
10 Treatment Rooms
Nestled discreetly along a beautifully manicured pathway on the grounds of the stunning Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, surrounded by lush foliage and walls that effectively block out the outside world, Remède Spa offers a 10,000-square-foot oasis of luxurious calm and relaxation.
Facials, massages and body therapies are offered within the spa’s 10 treatment rooms, which include specially designated suites for couples. A fitness facility and salon are also available, the latter featuring outdoor nail lounges.
Central to the spa is a relaxation deck kitted out with comfy sectionals, lounge chairs, snacks and magazines. Just beyond the deck, there’s a private cold plunge pool and Jacuzzi, along with sauna, steam room and outdoor showers. Linger here before or after your service to further heighten your bliss.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• The minute you enter the Punta Mita spa, cream-colored tones and natural wood elements evoke a feeling of Zen.
• The private his/hers locker facilities are spacious and stocked with a full com-plement of Remède-branded amenities, including shampoo, conditioner and mouthwash.
• The staff members are gracious, impeccably mannered and customer-focused. They are able to anticipate your needs or do their utmost to accommodate any reasonable request.
• Remède offers a spa concierge service that can also arrange treatments in the privacy of your own room.
• The spa packages —ranging from three to six hours, including a spa lunch— are an excellent value, and suggested for optimal pampering.
Things to Know
• It’s definitely worthwhile to arrive at least 45 minutes before your treatment starts, so that you can enjoy the facilities. You’ll receive a robe and slippers, and you can either unwind in the relaxation area with a magazine or make use of the wonderful water circuit.
• Weather permitting, request your treatment with the doors open so you can enjoy the natural breeze coming in from the ocean.
• The luxury spa stocks Remède, Bliss and Decleor products
• It should be noted that while Remède does offer a full water circuit, there is no swimming pool within the spa itself. For swimming, the resort offers three on-property swimming pools and a private beach outside of the spa.
• The spa’s specialty is customization. Therefore, if you want a more targeted approach to your treatment, book a Remède customized facial, massage or body service, then discuss your wants and needs with your therapist or techni-cian to see what’s right for you.
• Punta Mita Selections are locally inspired spa services featuring techniques and ingredients native to the area. These 90-minute treatments include the Punta Mita Perfection, the Puebla Hot Stone massage and the Ocean Pearl Body Ex-perience that uses crushed pearls to exfoliate the skin.
• Couples treatments are very much in demand at this spa, which oozes ro-mance. Options include personalized facials, massages, body wraps, baths and couples packages, performed in tandem side by side.
• For a full day at the spa, book the Remède Spa Sanctuary Package, a six-hour indulgence that includes a customized facial, massage, body wrap, mani, pedi and lunch.
• Other popular spa packages include The Pampered Mother Package (a Remède custom facial followed by a mani and pedi) and The Gentleman’s Deluxe Pack-age (featuring a Remède Custom Body Polish, massage, mani, pedi and a light lunch).
• Mirroring the décor within the public spaces of the spa, the treatment rooms fea-ture off-white and cream colors with exposed natural wood beams that are organ-ic to the surroundings, yet immediately soothing.
• The couples rooms are separated by sliding glass doors framed by wispy cream-hued curtains. The drapes undulate gently in the breeze.
• The most luxurious of the rooms is the Deluxe Spa Suite, which features a couple’s treatment area (set up for side-by-side treatments) and its own private Jacuzzi.