Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Fearrington House Inn is a charming resort in the rural Piedmont area of North Carolina, and it’s brimming with unique amenities and special touches that make this an endearing destination for many returning guests. Here are our five favorite amenities:
1. Afternoon tea. Overnight rates include afternoon tea, which is served at 4 p.m. in The Fearrington House Restaurant. You won’t want to miss the lineup of traditional and inventive finger sandwiches (think roast beef and cornichons and crab salad on biscuits), scones with housemade strawberry jam and clotted cream, zucchini cupcakes and macarons. In cooler temps, snag a sofa by the fireplace.
2. Breakfast. A morning meal is complimentary for overnight guests and the menu isn’t anything like the standard continental. Menu choices include a fantastic goat cheese and crab frittata; a gourmet version of the Southern standby shrimp and grits; and buttermilk pancakes with blueberries, candied pecans, lemon and a dab of cream cheese frosting flavored with honey gathered from beehives on the property.
3. Turndown service. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel has a prolific chocolatier who hand-makes the chocolate truffles left on your bed in the evening. Another turndown perk? A decanter of Rozès port that pairs perfectly with the sweets for a delicious nightcap.
4. Room snacks. The inn’s policy is not to nickel and dime guests by charging for what might be called a minibar. Instead, the inn provides a gratis tray of snacks in each guest room, including fresh apples, Jelly Belly jelly beans, potato chips, a Ghirardelli chocolate bar and bottled water. If you need more sustenance, just call the front desk.
5. Bicycles. The North Carolina hotel has a fleet of bicycles for you to use to explore the magnificent grounds, and a great way to spend the morning is to pedal around the property, admiring the Belted Galloway cows and Tennessee Fainting goats that roam the pastures before heading around the small lake and waterfall in the center of Fearrington Village and ending up back by the verdant gardens near the end that brim with fresh herbs and flowers. One caveat: the bikes are high, designed for those over 5-foot-5-inches. And, unfortunately, there aren’t any kids' bicycles.
Here are the five best amenities offered at The Fearrington House Inn:
The Fearrington House for its romantic atmosphere and award-winning cuisine and service.
Beautiful English gardens and pastures that surround the property and provide wonderful walking paths and vistas.
The Molton Brown Body Remedies line is our exclusive room amenity and is only found in a select few hotels worldwide.
The new spa which offers guests a beautiful tranquil setting for facials, manicures, pedicures, wraps and massages.
The charming village surrounding the property which is owned and operated by the owners of Fearrington, offering guests warm and friendly service as well as several options for dining and shopping.