Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Fearrington House Inn may be located in rural Pittsboro, N.C., but that doesn’t mean you’ll be holed up reading a book fireside (unless you want to). Here are five things to pack for a trip to the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star inn:
1. Walking shoes. The inn is part of a village, and you’ll want to stroll to the cluster of shops and casual dining spots in the village center. Walking paths will also take you past the meadows where black-and-white Belted Galloway cows reside.
2. A jacket for men. We suggest at least one meal at the stately Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Fearrington House Restaurant, and gentlemen are encouraged to don a jacket to dine here.
3. Sunscreen and bathing suit. Aside from walking outdoors, you’ll need sun protection and a bathing suit for lounging by pool at the Swim & Croquet Club.
4. Reading glasses. The village’s independent bookstore, McIntyre’s Books, stocks an eclectic selection of books with a focus on cooking, gardening and tomes by local authors.
5. Extra luggage. Guests often fall in love with what they find at the shops in Fearrington Village (think Frette sheets, decorative lighting and Elemis skincare products). Two gift shops onsite — Dovecote and Haven — stock the luxury North Carolina inn’s most beloved decorative goods so you can take them home with you.
Here are the five things we think you should pack for The Fearrington House Inn:
A camera. There are so many wonderful photo opportunities throughout the village and gardens as well as our curious Belted Galloway cows and cute Tennessee Fainting goats.
A nice dress or sport coat for our fine dining restaurant - we request a jacket for gentlemen.
Bring light comfortable clothing for relaxing or enjoying the gardens and walking trails.
Your appetite. Included in your room rate are a wonderful English afternoon tea and full gourmet breakfast. Between our fine dining restaurant, our casual grill restaurant, the coffee shop and deli as well as the beer garden, you will experience wonderful cuisine.
An iPod with your favorite tunes. All rooms now have iHome iPod docking stations.