Answers from Our Experts (1)
Located in rural central North Carolina, The Fearrington House Inn is all about quintessential Southern charm. Here are five ways to describe the inn’s unique style:
1. Traditional country. The look and feel of the place lands between your English aunt’s country house and a genteel Southern parlor. Expect plenty of plaid and floral fabrics, antiques and original artwork.
2. Relaxed. Unlike some upscale properties, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel has no pretension. The relaxed vibe is felt from the fine dining restaurant to the full-service spa.
3. Attentive. Staff scuttles around to meet guests’ needs, whether it means a quick drive to the croquet lawn, giving a glass of cold lemonade to an overheated guest, or finding a guest room that may be a better fit.
4. Peaceful. Removed from town and sitting adjacent to grassy meadows, the inn exudes peace and quiet. Walking to and from dinner at dusk, you’ll hear nothing but trickling fountains and crickets.
5. Southern. From the folk art found throughout the grounds to the artisan-made foods, you’ll detect a distinct Southern flavor.