Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Spa at Fairmont Grand Del Mar doesn’t lack for luxury. Here are five amenities at the Renaissance-inspired Five-Star spa that we’re still dreaming about:
1. A soak in the indoor hot tub. Chaise chairs surround this indulgent space, which overlooks an Italian-style lion fountainhead and fountain. While you’ll relish your surroundings from the tub, you’ll also do some good to your body; the mineral water is oh-so good for your skin.
2. A sit in the steam room. It’s tough to top this steam room, which soothes and refreshes with a heavenly eucalyptus scent.
3. A lounge in the locker room. The space here is all about swank, with its European-style décor and large framed mirrors. You’ll be treated to spacious digital lockers, plush robes and rubber thong slippers.
4. A sit in the relaxation area and outdoor terrace. These common areas might be an afterthought for most spas, but not here. The ocean-blue women’s lounge looks more like the den of a European palace, complete with regal furniture like canopy chairs, fireplaces and a pathway of Hermès scarves. Out on the terrace, you’ll find cabana-style chaise lounge chairs that make you feel like you’re soaking in the sun in Monaco.
5. A refreshments break. You’ll have to stop yourself from overindulging in the buffet of truffles and mini-muffins. The snacks, along with the orange-infused ice water, are the perfect way to kick off a massage or facial.