Answers from Our Experts (1)
One of the best things about staying at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco is there’s no shortage of great meals to be had right in the Five-Star hotel. The main source of the property's culinary excitement comes from MKT Restaurant - Bar, a chic fifth-floor eatery with a California-focused menu that took the place of Seasons in 2013. We’ve rounded up a list of the five best things to eat and drink, since you might have a hard time choosing:
1. The steak. MKT describes its menu as California cuisine, but the real star is the steak. Take a look at the “California cuts” portion of the menu — it’s full of delicious, farm-fresh meat like the Brandt Farms rib-eye, a grass-fed filet and a New York strip, all from in-state ranches and farms.
2. The seafood. There are tons of options on the menu that will give you a taste of local farms and fresh, seasonal ingredients. Try the Kimchi steamed mussels, pickled shrimp or the roasted halibut with baby corn, knob onions and new potatoes. Top off your West Coast taste tour off with a wine from Napa Valley or Sonoma County.
3. Breakfast. The room service menu selections are plentiful, especially for breakfast in bed. Served from 5:30 to 11 a.m., your morning meal can consist of freshly squeezed juice, farm-fresh eggs any style, seasonal fruit plates and fresh market berries. Or take the griddle route with lemon-ricotta pancakes, cinnamon raisin toast with banana-rum compote and candied pecans, or Belgian waffles.
4. The burger. We love the char-grilled turkey burger with green tomato marmalade and smoked Fiscalini cheddar cheese, or the duck fat burger served with Wagon Wheel cheese and truffle aioli. Pair your sandwich with a fun drink such as the Scarface cocktail — that’s Tempelton rye, grapefruit, agave, orange bitters and basil.
5. The sweets. Save room for dessert. MKT serves up some great traditional favorites made fancy and fresh with fruit pairings. We love the prickly pear tart with tropical fruit compote, mango spheres and lemon gelato, and the avocado cheesecake with raspberry gelee, raspberry sauce, orange zest and lemon gelato.