Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you're staying at the Taj Campton Place, some of San Francisco's best attractions are less than a few blocks away. Forbes Travel Guide editors suggest you fit in these nearby attractions:
1. Go shopping. Union Square, the city's shopping area, is literally across the street from the hotel; whether you prefer luxury houses like Chanel, the San Francisco luxury department store Gump’s or cheap-chic standbys such as H&M, you'll find plenty to choose from.
2. Go to a museum. A host of cultural spots, from SFMOMA to the Contemporary Jewish Museum, are only five minutes away by foot.
3. Explore Chinatown. The busy streets of Chinatown are just up the street from Union Square, though it’s uphill all the way. If you’re really determined, press on into the Italian neighborhood North Beach a few blocks away.
4. See some baseball. If it’s baseball season, it’s worth the effort to get tickets for a Giants game. The stadium is modern and beautiful and there’s nothing like watching nine innings just off the bay.
5. Eat at the Ferry Building. This year-round gourmet market filled with shops selling fine artisanal chocolate, wine, cheese and salumi is heaven for any food lover. If the weather is good, it’s a nice stroll from the hotel, or hop on the BART train at Powell Street and take it to the Embarcadero station.