Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things to do near The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay all involve taking advantage of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s scenic setting. With a cliff-top location that hovers over some of the Bay Area’s best beaches, the hotel encourages you to explore the coastline, where you’ll find everything from wine tastings to horseback rides. Here are five things not to miss:
1. Fire and wine. When you want a cozy setting, don’t bother leaving the Ritz-Carlton. Fire pits are found throughout the luxury hotel — both on private guest room patios and in the shared areas — and the fire and wine butler visits them all Thursday through Sunday to pour drinks and ensure the flames are blazing.
2. Segway tours. You’ve probably never seen the coastline like this. Join the Half Moon Bay hotel’s 90-minute Segway tour, and slowly take in the dramatic scenery as you roll along the resort’s Northern California coastal trail. Tours are available Fridays, Saturday and Sundays.
3. Horseback riding. During your stay, take a horseback ride along the beaches or through green fields — either way, you’ll have ocean views the whole way. The resort can set up rides for couples, groups and individuals. We suggest going just before sunset.
4. Wine tasting. If the fire and wine butler gave you a taste for more vino, take advantage of the wine-centric location (San Francisco and Napa Valley are both close by) and sample the local pours. There are more than 70 wineries in close proximity to the resort; ask the concierge to set up a tour for you or just point you in the right direction.
5. Golfing. There are few golf courses more scenic than the ones at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. Bring your clubs to the hotel’s two championship greens — The Ocean Course and the Old Course — both of which are perched on a dramatic bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.