Answers from Our Experts (1)
If San Francisco weren’t such a vibrant city with so much to see and do, you would probably never step outside The St. Regis. Here are five things that keep us coming back to the Five-Star hotel:
1. The great food. San Francisco has a ton of great dining options, and that includes the hotel’s own Grill restaurant, which features seasonal New American cuisine made with the freshest locally sourced ingredients from the San Francisco Bay area and Northern California. The restaurant also features a 300-plus-bottle list offering a carefully curated selection of international wines, focusing heavily on Napa Vally and French pours.
2. The spa. Remède Spa is among the best in town. Popular among locals as well as hotel guests, it’s a luxurious place to escape for an afternoon.
3. The staff. As you would expect from a Five-Star hotel, The St. Regis' staff is unfailingly polite and accommodating. (We travel incognito and they always pass all of our tests.)
4. Its location. If you’re a culture vulture, you’ll relish in The St. Regis' prime location. The hotel shares a building with the Museum of the African Diaspora and is literally a half-block from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Cartoon Art Museum, the Contemporary Jewish Museum and the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
5. The chic décor. The St. Regis San Francisco was built from the ground up in 2005, and the contemporary décor feels just as fresh as it did on day one. The airy rooms showcase Bella Crema marble, Mozambique wood doors, and custom-designed Barcelona benches, and feel more like gorgeous urban apartments than cookie-cutter hotel rooms. The art installations throughout the hotel's public spaces remind you that you're in the hub of San Francisco's art scene.