Answers from Our Experts (1)
Since San Francisco is such a diverse and busy city, there's no shortage of activities near the Five-Star St. Regis hotel. Here are five things you shouldn’t miss:
1. For an authentically San Franciscan experience, walk down Market Street to the Ferry Building. On Saturdays, it’s home to a fantastic farmers’ market that serves up fresh produce and cheeses. The Ferry Building is also the permanent home of several great shops, including Cowgirl Creamery’s Artisan Cheese Shop, and restaurants such as Napa-based Gott’s Roadside, where you can grab a burger and a bottle of cab.
2. If you have time, we highly recommend stopping by the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art — or one of the half-dozen world-class museums that are within a five-minute walk of the hotel.
3. Be sure to leave time to visit Yerba Buena Gardens. It’s one of San Francisco’s best spots—and it’s right across the street. Relax by the fountain and watch people come and go, or visit the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. The park also includes a playground, carousel and children’s museum.
4. If you're in the mood for something shiny and new, you'll find plenty of nearby shops to tempt you including Prada, Hermes, Barneys New York and lots of other luxury retailers.
5. Chinatown. What’s a trip to San Fran without a visit to Chinatown? The area’s authentic cuisine and kitschy shopping is less than a mile from the hotel.