Answers from Our Experts (1)
It would require a David Letterman Top 10 list (or two) to detail every amenity available at The Phoenician in Scottsdale. And while you aren’t likely to be bored during your stay at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star resort, here’s what you absolutely shouldn’t miss.
1. Camelback Mountain. With its almost-red rocks and Valley-wide views, this mountain is a favorite for local hikers. If you’re a hiker — or even if you aren’t — take a gander at the trails here. While they can range into an expert-only class, many start off as a gentle, albeit uphill, walk. But please, bring water and don’t go beyond your limits.
2. The Centre for Well-Being. A Four-Star spa, The Centre for Well-Being at The Phoenician focuses on healing your mind, body and soul. From the Meditation Atrium to the exceptional treatments, this is the place to go for some ultimate pampering. A full salon, sauna, steam room, hot tub and brand new gym await you.
3. Tennis gardens. Eleven courts with four surfaces to choose from — including a Wimbledon championship grass court — make this tennis complex one of the best in the city. A surprisingly lush desert setting surrounds the lighted courts — so don’t be surprised if your game suffers since it’s hard to ignore the beauty of the Sonoran Desert.
4. The pools. You can’t mention The Phoenician resort in Scottsdale without someone raving about the pools. Whether it’s the iconic yellow cabanas or the mother of pearl pool deck, this resort feels like it’s based on waterworks. Our favorite feature? The 165-foot waterslide makes you feel like a kid again (or, if you are a kid, will make you feel like an adventurer).
5. Family fun. The Family Activity Center (located by the tennis courts) is a hidden gem for those traveling with children. With board games, table tennis, Wii, a playground and a mini theater, this is the spot to keep the little ones happy.