Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re traveling with your family in tow, The Phoenician resort in Scottsdale is a great choice, as evidenced by the best amenities it offers for kids.
1. Children’s menus. You’ll find specially priced children’s meals at select onsite restaurants and unique kids’ menu options available at restaurants, in-room dining and poolside at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel.
2. Kiddie pools. There are also two separate pool areas reserved just for families with children, including basketball and volleyball games in the pool and a hugely popular 165-foot twisting water slide.
3. Ice cream parlor. Kids of all ages love stopping for a cold treat at The Phoenician’s Café and Ice Cream parlor, located on the ground floor. Kids will also be pleased to find lots of clear candy dispensers on the wall holding treats of all kinds, including jelly beans, runts, sprees, M&Ms, gummy bears and more. They can fill up a bag of candy for $2.50 a pound or choose one of the large multi-colored lollipops instead.
4. Funicians Kids Club. If you’re looking for activities for your children ages 5 through 12, The Phoenician’s Funicians Kids Club has something going on for kids 365 days a year. The club’s staff members help the group first pick a theme for the day, then choose the days’ activities. Choices include crafts like pottery making, weaving and beadwork; puppet shows; feeding the fish and ducks in the onsite pond; building sand castles; hiking; picnics; swimming; scavenger hunts; sports and jungle gym play; and even an interactive session on eating and good manners. Special activities just for teens, such as croquet, water basketball and aerobics, are available during holidays, summers and long weekends. Teens can also join in Funicians fun as honorary camp counselors.
5. Family Activity Center. Children staying at this Scottsdale hotel also love hanging out in the Family Activity Center, where they can play ping-pong, air hockey, foosball and a wide variety of board games. There’s also a video game room featuring a Nintendo Wii system and a theater where children and their parents can watch movies.