Answers from Our Experts (1)
With warm weather year-round and scorching temps in the summer, you’ll need to pack some basic essentials for your stay at The Phoenician in Scottsdale. Here are five key things not to forget.
1. Sunscreen. With perfect weather seven months out of the year — and 300-plus days of sunshine — you won’t want to stay indoors at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel. Just be sure to protect your skin as the desert sun is hot, hot, hot, and can turn you into a vacation-ruining lobster in no time.
2. Swimsuit and flip-flops. With eight pools and the perfect-for-lounging yellow cabanas, your swimsuit and flip-flops are two must-haves. If your suit from last year just won’t do and you can’t find a new one at home, don’t worry. Stores here stock a constant supply of swimwear, with new styles rolling out in January.
3. Hats and sunglasses. The sun is bright in the desert and there’s nothing worse than straining your eyes against it all day. Think of the bright sand at the beach — now imagine it everywhere. Hats and sunglasses are a necessity at the luxury hotel to keep you protected from the harsh rays.
4. A cardigan or light jacket. Even though it’s warm all year, desert nights can be surprisingly chilly. Even worse are the sub-arctic temperatures produced by air conditioning at every store and restaurant across the Valley. Phoenix natives keep a cardigan or light jacket with them at all times — even in summer.
5. Something dressy. Scottsdale is a fashionable area where the wealthy come to see and be seen. Even if you plan to spend your days at the pool at The Phoenician, a dressy pair of jeans with a fashionable top or jacket will keep you from being excluded at some of the high-end restaurants around town.