Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a je ne sais quoi about The Phoenician resort’s style — an element of elegance that you can’t quite put your finger on. But if we have to do it with five words, here are our choices:
1. Southwestern. From the subdued desert greens, violets and copper tones to an embrace of the native landscape, The Phoenician takes the best of the Southwest and echoes it in this Scottsdale resort’s design aesthetic.
2. Soothing. The tones on the inside of this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel are quietly subdued. Maybe it’s to emphasize the bright desert tones outside or just to help you relax. Either way, it’s a welcome rest for the eyes.
3. Opulent. Marble floors, bubbling fountains and grand chandeliers throughout the resort have the distinctive look of palaces and mansions, without all the stuffiness.
4. Nature-based. Set in the Sonoran Desert at the base of Camelback Mountain, this resort embraces the surrounding landscape. From the saguaro cactus in the gardens to the pervasive (and non-native) palm trees, this resort celebrates the best of the Valley’s outdoors.
5. Luxury. Imported Irish linens, Italian marble and a mother of pearl pool give this resort its luxurious feel.