Answers from Our Experts (2)
Here are five things you really shouldn’t leave behind when packing for your stay at The Cloister, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel located off the coast of Georgia:
1. Bathing suit. No matter which time of the year you visit, you’ll definitely want to bring a swimsuit — The Cloister has three pools as well as five miles of private beach on the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Flip-flops. Since you’ll be spending most of your time outdoors — and most likely near the water — bring a pair of flip-flops or proper pool shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
3. Sunscreen. On a related note, since you’re likely to be outdoors often if you’re visiting this Sea Island hotel during the warmer months of the year, it’s a good idea to bring a full bottle of sunscreen — the sun shines particularly bright in July and August.
4. Formal attire. Though you can certainly wear casual clothes at most parts of the luxury hotel, most of the restaurants — including the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Georgian Room — have a dress code. Men should be sure to bring at least one collared shirt, slacks and a jacket (even bingo in the ballroom requires men to don jackets), while women should pack a nice dress.
5. Sporty clothes and gear. The state-of-the-art gym at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is huge and equipped with every kind of cardio or weight-training machine you could need to burn off a few calories — and we love the variety of fitness classes available, too, in everything from ballroom dancing to water aerobics. If you plan on trying one of the golf courses — especially Seaside, home of the PGA Tour’s McGladrey Classic — bring the appropriate clothes, shoes and equipment. Same advice goes if you plan to play on the squash or tennis courts.
When packing for a trip to The Cloister, don’t forget your bathing suit, resort attire (casual wear), a jacket for gentlemen to play bingo, golf attire and fitness clothing.