Answers from Our Experts (1)
Come to The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club prepared with handy tips and information to make a stay that much better. Here are five things you should know before you check in to this intimate Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. The décor is traditional. The style of the hotel reminds us of an old-school country club. The building itself exudes a grand and historic feel, and once inside, you’ll be treated to elegant touches such as hardwood floors, dark wood trim, antiques, oriental rugs and overstuffed chairs.
2. The fashion is upscale. The guests here dress the part of country club chic. Everywhere you look, you’ll spot guests dressed in their best, so you’ll want to follow suit. Certain restaurants on the property, and even bingo, ask that men wear jackets and women don their best dinner attire.
3. It’s not kid-friendly. This Southern retreat knows how to do golf and romance, but it doesn’t offer much in the way of family fun. Children are welcome here, but they’ll have to be on their best behavior, and that includes wearing a jacket to dinner.
4. It’s a prime golf destination. Golf Digest Index recently ranked the Sea Island hotel one of the best golf hotels in the world and number one in the United States. With its proximity to the impeccably manicured courses at the Golf Club at Sea Island, you’ll enjoy world-class play in an unmatched, oceanside setting.
5. You’ll have your very own butler. You can do nothing but relax when you get to the luxury hotel, because your personal butler (every room gets one) will do all the work for you. Sit back as he unpacks your bags, shines your shoes and even whips you up a quick snack. It’s Southern hospitality at its most luxurious.