Answers from Our Experts (1)
Despite its earthy image, Sedona has a luxurious side too that emerges when you step into one of the world-class hotels nestled among the red rocks. These are the five best places to stay in Sedona:
1. Enchantment Resort. Peacefully situated at the end of a pristine canyon, world-renowned Enchantment Resort charms couples, families and business traveler. Wrapped inside Mother Earth herself, the sophisticated resort is designed to capture the most breathtaking views of the surrounding red rock pinnacles. The magic that radiates from romantic suites and restaurants decorated in high Arizona style could come from the Boynton Canyon vortex that has drawn worshipers since ancient times. Or the enchanting magnetism could simply be the result of the fine cuisine, impeccable service and highly lauded spa. Whatever its origin, the resort’s satisfying alchemy will invite your return.
2. L'Auberge de Sedona. Renew your spirits at L'Auberge de Sedona where Oak Creek splashes and burbles its way past your luxurious creek side cabin or linen-clad dining table in the restaurant. Under the canopy of tall oaks and cottonwoods, you’ll find a tranquil setting for a romantic weekend, family reunion or special event in your life. Many a proposal has been made under the creek side arbor. You’ll be charmed by the guest-focused experience that balances refined elegance with the boutique hotel’s rustic setting. Schedule your body treatments in the top-ranked spa or in a private cabana next to the melodious creek.
3. Amara Resort Spa. Located near uptown, but buffered by red rock escarpments and leafy scapes, Amara Resort Spa is the best of both worlds: close to the action but a retreat unto itself. Amara’s urban vibe is complemented by live music at Hundred Rox Restaurant, where you’re encouraged to dine outdoors. Sip cocktails like the Vortex Martini on the terrace where water features flow downward towards the majestic infinity pool near the creek while the red rock views stun from above. The contemporary Amara might just have the most picturesque swimming pool in Sedona.
4. Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa. The relaxing sound of water greets you at the Andalusian-styled Sedona Rouge. The three-story, entry courtyard beckons you to relax next to the fountains and water features. This is a natural gathering spot for locals and visitors who come to check out early evening entertainment at REDS Restaurant. For a perfect Sedona sunset, ask the friendly front desk staff to turn on the open pit fireplace and head upstairs to the observation terrace. After dinner at REDS, stop back to gaze at the stars before snuggling into luxury bedding for peaceful slumber.
5. Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa. High above a red rock-studded landscape, the Hilton Sedona is bejeweled with original paintings and sculpture from renowned Southwestern artists. Step out of the hotel and onto the championship Sedona Golf Resort. Or take in a rejuvenating body treatment at efores: Spa at Hilton Sedona, one of Sedona’s largest spa and fitness facilities. Swim in the heated lap pool or enjoy the outdoor hot spa and wading pool in one of the most incredibly beautiful places on earth. Later, cozy up to the gas fireplace in your southwest-inspired guest room.