A business traveler’s haven in Seoul
If you are looking for a glitzy location for your upcoming Seoul trip, look no further than InterContinental Seoul Coex. In the heart of the city’s exclusive Gangnam neighborhood, here you can enjoy upscale eateries, exquisite boutique shopping and close proximity to all of Seoul’s main attractions.
Seoul Coex is extremely well suited to the business traveler and this is evident in many ways: its location close to the Seoul World Trade Center and Gangnam’s business district, the large office desk spaces provided within each hotel room and the extensive number of meeting rooms and business facilities available onsite.
The rooms at this luxury hotel are spacious and provide you with all the amenities that you need to ensure that your visit to Korea is a comfortable one.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• The restaurants at Seoul Coex cater to its international clientele with a range of global cuisines — from Italian dining with a view at The Sky Lounge on the 30th floor, to pan-Asian favorites cooked before you at Asian Live.
• Located on the ground floor, The Cosmopolitan Fitness Club is positioned directly in front of Bongeunsa Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Seoul. Watch Monks roam the ancient grounds and temple goers make offerings as you work those muscles. The view makes for an unusual workout experience.
• The luxury hotel’s In Spa focuses on anti-aging. From full-body massages to intensive facials, In Spa offers Korean beauty treatments that address a range of skin concerns.
• If you are in town on business, the hotel can handle all of your corporate meetings and mixers, with a total of nine meeting rooms, accommodating party sizes of between 20 and 350 persons.
• With a casino, a golf driving range and a spa onsite, Seoul Coex has a little something to help everyone blow off some steam.
What to Know
• InterContinental club members enjoy additional benefits during their stay, such as an express check-in and complimentary use of meeting room facilities.
• The area surrounding Seoul Coex will send shopaholics to retail heaven. The adjoining Coex Mall is the largest underground shopping center in Asia, and for fashionistas, Apgujeong, Seoul’s answer to Rodeo Drive, and Cheongdam-Dong, the home of quirky fashion, are right on the hotel’s doorstep.
• Reserve an Executive Room to gain access to Club InterContinental, the VIP-level lounge.
• Don't mix up the hotel with its sister property, Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, which is also connected to the Korea World Trade Center.
• With a standard size of nearly 400 square feet, the rooms at the Seoul hotel are spacious, and a little larger than the average accommodations in the city.
• The rooms have a beautiful contemporary appearance — mixing modern furniture with bright colors. A blend of greens, warm reds and oranges make you feel right at home.
• All rooms have comfortable office space, a great match for business travelers.
• The floor-to-ceiling windows in the rooms afford unparalleled views of downtown Seoul. To the south are vistas of upscale Gangnam, and to the north, you directly overlook the Dharma halls and Buddha statues of Bongeunsa temple.
• All rooms come stocked with complimentary toiletries sourced from luxury San Francisco brand Agraria. This is the InterContinental group’s much-loved brand of choice around the globe.
• The Sky Lounge on the 30th floor provides jaw-dropping panoramas. Head up here for a cocktail or two, or a bite from the Lounge’s Italian menu while you revel in the beauty of Seoul by night.
• Watch pan-Asian cuisine cooked before you at Asian Live’s live-action stations. Whether you are in the mood for Japanese, Korean or Southeast Asian, you will find something that takes your fancy. If you wish to enjoy your meal in a more personal setting, move your group to one of the restaurant’s private dining rooms.
• The Brasserie is a buffet restaurant whose blend of world cuisines — from Western favorites to the most highly recommended local dishes — appeals to international visitors.
• Located on the first floor, the Lobby Lounge and Bar’s menu features an array of light snacks and beverages in a relaxed, modern setting. You can frequently catch live musical performances.